Search this Blog

Thursday 7 March 2013

Sorry, but I think I'm lost

Have you ever got lost? I'm sure you have, at least once in your lifetime.

So, here's your section to share those amusing situations, when you got lost in anywhere you went to. Please, feel free to write about your anecdotes travelling, enjoying your holidays or even finding the way back home.

In order to get some inspiration for your entertaining stories abroad, here you'll find some common and useful expressions about Directions. With them, you'll learn how to give and ask for directions, and hopefully, you'll find your way back soon.

Patricia Guerrero's power point presentation about Directions


 Still talking about our hilarious travelling anecdotes in the classroom, however, we've just realized that we do need a more elaborated task or project to practise with in class. So, we've been thinking about making up a Treasure Hunt or a Scavenger Hunt among our Basic 1&2 groups. What do you think about it?

Treasure Hunt and Directions for Basic



A Treasure Hunt for Basic (In the countryside)
_______________________________________________________________________
Giving Directions Practice for Basic 1
Giving Directions Vocabulary for Basic 1

Giving Directions Practice for Basic 1

A Street map for Basic 1


_______________________________________________________________________

YouTube playlist on Directions

Describing Places Power Point Presentation

Treasure Hunts through YouTube




1 comment:

  1. In September, I flew with my wife to Madrid, Spain. We were going to work as English language assistants in Monforte de Lemos for eight months. When we arrived at the airport, we had to take the subway to Chamartin. We had several large suitcases that contained all of our clothes, toiletries, and electronics. I noticed that we had to go down two different escalators. I tried to balance the suitcases on top of each other and began to go down the escalator. However, I began to lose my balance and the suitcases were starting to fall. I caught myself but one of the bags went tumbling down the escalator, directly towards an old man below me! I yelled out, "Look out!" but it was too late. The large suitcase hit him in the legs and he nearly fell down. I ran to the bottom to help him but he was not very happy and did not want my help. I apologized and gathered my bags together again. When we arrived at the train station, the conductor told us we could not get on the train because we had too many bags. I couldn't believe it! How would we get to Monforte? What could we do? These suitcases contained everything we needed! Finally, another worker convinced him to let us on the train. He gave us an angry look and waved us through. I was so relieved that we were finally on our way to Monforte!

    ReplyDelete