Search this Blog

Wednesday 1 February 2012

cannot or can not?


Oh! my goodness! What's wrong now? Simmer down, Danny. It's only students, asking about Grammar Rules. They are a bit obsessed with them lately. So, if you tell learners what's right or wrong between cannot and can not, their data will never be changed. Therefore, be careful with your answer. 

Ok, then, I'll tell you what: I was taught at the EOI too, and my former teachers told me to write cannot as a single word. Later on, as I became a teacher, one of my first students at a Secondary School disagreed with me about this grammar point. Oh, dear! Well, then with more experience as a teacher at the EOI, my students are still wondering about the same thing: cannot or can not, for goodness' sake!

Finally, here's a whole forum about the same topic. Ok, dear learners, I think it's time for you to read the forum and reflect upon it for a while for a change.




No comments:

Post a Comment